September/October Quirky Kit: Review & First Impressions

On
Saturday 15 October 2016

Hello! I received my very first Quirky Kits box yesterday and I'm so excited to share with you what we got and my first impressions/review.













In this month's kit, we got: 2 Bazzill swiss dot cardstock sheets (one in 'Front Porch' and one in 'Butter'), 2 sheets of plain white cardstock, Simple Stories The Reset Girl Speckle/Plus Sign paper, Simple Stories Hello Fall Piles of Smiles paper, Crate Paper Gather So Sweet paper, Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Blue Valley paper, Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Palisades paper, Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Pinnacle paper, American Crafts library pocket cards, bookmark tag embellishments, ephermera squares, ephemera tags, Freckled Fawn woodgrain washi tape, American Crafts Chunky Gold Glitter Thickers, Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Diecuts Pack, Sparkle rose gold trim, bird print organza trim, diecut leaf fabric trim and custom labels on an A4 sheet.

Pros
  • The colour scheme is beautiful.
  • It's clear a lot of thought and preparation has gone into every box with coordinating scrapbook supplies from different manufacturers.
  • The price and the subscription. The Quirky Kit is unlike most scrapbook kits in that it only ships every 2 months. For example, we will receive our next one in December. However, the kits themselves are jam-packed full of great scrapbook supplies which I think will last me until the next kit comes out. All together, the subscription for the Main Kit is £25.99 (including 1st class shipping by Royal Mail). For everything you get in the kit, I think it's definitely worth the price.
  • It's a UK-based scrapbook kit service!
  • I believe every kit comes with it's own Simple Sketches/inspiration book filled with lots of ideas to use your kit as well as a list of everything included in the kit (pictured above). This is so useful and I especially love the Simple Sketches/Inspiration book and I know it will come in handy when I'm in a scrapbook slump and need some ideas.
  • It comes packaged in a standard delivery box, however, as the last scrapbook kit I ordered was the Gossamer Blue one (which comes in only an envelope), it's nice to have the box to store the kit in for the time being (and until I can find somewhere to put everything in my tiny room!).
  • As for the subscription, there is a no-fee cancellation policy which is great considering the other boxes, such as the Studio Calico boxes and the Messy Box, charge you if you want to cancel your subscription.
  • Leonora, the creator of Quirky Kits, is so friendly and easy to get a hold of. She updated us on everything regarding our kits and shipping.
  • If you subscribe, you also get access to a 'members only' supply store where you can order other scrapbook items. 
  • It's great value for money.
Cons
  • None!

As you can see, for me, the Quirky Kit is amazing and I wish I had heard of it sooner! As a UK scrapbooker, it's so hard to find great scrapbook supplies without paying import tax and waiting ages for delivery. Everything offered in the Quirky Kit is of such high value and it is just what I want from a scrapbook kit. I will definitely remain a subscriber of the kit and I can't wait to see the Christmas/winter one next!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9